Who we are:
The Ireland-Canada Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization that represents, supports and encourages the Irish business community in Vancouver.
The ICCCVan was created to promote, connect, and support Irish professionals and business owners in Vancouver and support trade development between Ireland and Canada. We are the only Irish professional networking organization in Vancouver, offering members a variety of opportunities to promote their business, as well as numerous opportunities for professional education and development. Through our business community and events, professionals of all levels can grow their networks and seek the support of fellow members.
About the Board:
The Board is made up of a group with various professional backgrounds, from Accounting, Legal, Strategy & Operations Consulting, and Change Management, although we recognize the value that an even more diverse Board could add, which is why we’re hoping to add Board Members for Technology and Events. We meet as a group on a monthly basis, and there are often separate meetings to focus on different tasks. We have the craic together and don’t take ourselves too seriously – we’re looking for someone who can get things done while having a laugh along the way!
What the Role entails:
- Event planning and execution
- Maintain Production Schedule and Plan for each event
- Schedule specific meetings for event planning as needed
- Event vendor liaison (event capacity, floor plan, food and beverage requirements, etc.)
- Create Event budgets to understand financial costs and path to breakeven
- Coordinate with and book photographers for events as needed
- Lead event planning process with the Board
- Lead the delegation and assignment of specific roles for events
Common Responsibilities (shared among the Board):
- Recruit Speakers and Volunteers for events
- Help with events
- Build connections in Vancouver to aid Irish community
- Monthly Board Reporting for your area
- Post/Repost Chamber comms
- Collaborate with fellow board members to support on all ICCCVan initiatives
- Interview new board members
- Event planning
- Project management