Who we are:
The Ireland-Canada Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization that represents, supports and encourages the Irish business community in Vancouver.
The ICCCVan was created to promote, connect, and support Irish professionals and business owners in Vancouver and support trade development between Ireland and Canada. We are the only Irish professional networking organization in Vancouver, offering members a variety of opportunities to promote their business, as well as numerous opportunities for professional education and development. Through our business community and events, professionals of all levels can grow their networks and seek the support of fellow members.
About the Board:
The Board is made up of a group with various professional backgrounds, from Accounting, Legal, Strategy & Operations Consulting, and Change Management, although we recognize the value that an even more diverse Board could add, which is why we’re hoping to add Board Members for Technology and Events. We meet as a group on a monthly basis, and there are often separate meetings to focus on different tasks. We have the craic together and don’t take ourselves too seriously – we’re looking for someone who can get things done while having a laugh along the way!
What the Role entails – Specific Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for liaising with external support for website and other Chamber technologies (Google)
- Ensure APIs are up to date and functioning between systems (ICCCVan website, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Stripe)
- Document the information flow between APIs
- Manage event technology needs
- Biannual audit of membership data and payment flow to ensure records are accurate
- Maintain GDPR compliance for Chamber
- Support Director of Comms with access to the master list of active members, and expired members, to target comms accordingly
- Support with Memberships bi-annual surveys, onboarding
Common Responsibilities (shared among the Board):
- Recruit Speakers and Volunteers for events
- Help with events
- Build connections in Vancouver to aid Irish community
- Monthly Board Reporting for your area
- Post/Repost Chamber comms
- Collaborate with fellow board members to support on all ICCCVan initiatives
- Interview new board members
- Technology background and experience with API integrations
- Familiar with Mailchimp, Stripe, Eventbrite or similar platforms